[asterisk-users] T1 with Robbed Bit Signaling

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Tue Nov 16 15:18:00 CST 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Cary Fitch wrote:

> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] T1 with Robbed Bit Signaling
>
> How many T1s per server?

We have never used more than 2 in one server.  We don't have very high
traffic levels per location.  Multiple people on the list have claimed
multi-hundred simultaneous channels, though, so I don't think it is a
stretch to think you could handle multiple 4 port T1 cards in one box.
But that point I would worry more about single points of failure.

> And, the T1s would be DS0s from customer's homes.

Ah.  Interesting concept.  No Internet connectivity at customer premise?