[asterisk-users] billsec and duration issue

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:37:50 CST 2010

Hi

I am using Asterisk-1.6.1.6. Recently I had converted billsec and
duration fields in my postgres 8.4 database from integer to numeric. I
wanted to have better accuracy in calculating duration of the call.
When the call is answered I can see better precision (for example
298.758421 sec), The problem is when the call is not answered
(disposition is no answer) the duration is close to expected value,
but billsec is unreasonably huge for example 1289939049.512997. As I
can see it is duration+epoch.
What am I doing wrong? I know that my version of asterisk is quite
old, but maybe the problem is in the configuration.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Best wishes
Andrew