[asterisk-users] Issues with Local Channel

Sidarta Aguiar de Oliveira sidarta at freeddom.com
Tue Nov 16 06:57:50 CST 2010

Hello,

I don't really understand how channel Local works. I need that asterisk initiate a call and get some data (DTMF).

So to do that I've created this dialplan :

; extensions.conf - the Asterisk dial plan
;
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
clearglobalvars=no

[dtmf]
exten => 1,1,Verbose(Get User ID)
exten => 1,n,Dial(dahdi/1/99999999,120,G(read^1^1))
exten => 1,n,Hangup()

[read]
exten => 1,1,Hangup()
exten => 1,n,Read(data,play-msg,4,,2,15)
exten => 1,n,Verbose("${data}")
exten => 1,n,AGI(send_data.py,${data})
exten => 1,n,Hangup()

File: test.call

Channel: Local/1 at dtmf
Application: NoOp

I've create a file name test.call and then move the call file to the dir /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/. Some issues I've had, the option G, in the Dial function don't wait the user answer the call to follow the dialplan. Is this rigth? Is this because I have used a Local Channel?
Are better way to do that?

Regards,

S idarta Oliveira