[asterisk-users] CallerID from Samsung PBX line on FXO

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sat Nov 13 19:20:32 CST 2010

Ronny Adsetts wrote:
> John Novack said at 13/11/2010 12:58:
>
>> Ronny Adsetts wrote:
>>
> [...]
>
>>> The problem I'm trying to solve at the moment is getting caller ID
>>> info passed over to the SIP phones when calls are placed. The
>>> caller ID is coming through as 'asterisk' which I assume is the
>>> default if nothing is present. So does anyone have any idea on how
>>> to get caller ID info passed over from the incoming calls on the
>>> FXO lines? Or even how to find out if the caller ID info is being
>>> sent by the Samsung?
>>>
>> Assuming the Samsung is using the standard US method, a butt set
>> across the output of one of the lines in monitor mode should allow
>> you to hear the FSK tones between the first and second ring. Or a
>> cheap CallerID box should display as well.
>>
>> Also assume you have the Asterisk end set to wait for the signal.
>> there should be a one ring delay in the response from Asterisk as it
>> waits for the FSK signal.
>>
> I've tried a variety of options but currently have the following in the [channels] section of zapata.conf:
>
> usecallerid=yes
> callerid=asreceived
> cidsignalling=dtmf
> cidstart=ring
> sendcalleridafter=2
> hidecallerid=no
>
> I added the following to one of the FXO contexts:
>
> exten =>  s,1,Verbose(1,Samsung 209 ${CALLERID(all)})
>
> And I get the following:
>
> Executing [s at samsung-209:1] Verbose("Zap/1-1", "1|Samsung 209 ""<>") in new stack
>
> Not sure what "<>" means but I assume it's something like a null string?
>
> Anyway, that's as successful as I've been, ie., not. :-).
>
> Ronny

What method does the Samsung use to send CLID?
For US systems, the FSK signal is between the first and second ring, is
NOT dtmf, and cidstart=ring isn't correct
You need to state where in the world the samsung thinks it is, and how
it is configured to send CLID.
If it isn't US, then others will have to help
In the US Asterisk will insert the proper delay when you state
usecallerid=yes

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot