[asterisk-users] CallerID from Samsung PBX line on FXO

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sat Nov 13 06:58:12 CST 2010

Ronny Adsetts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've now set up Asterisk to interface with our current Samsung iDCS 100 PBX via an 8SLI analogue extension card in the Samsung and an Openvox A400P04 4-FXO card in the Asterisk box. It all works in that I can place calls in both directions from the office Samsung extensions and Asterisk SIP extensions. The only tricky bit was getting the FXO to detect hang-up from the Samsung correctly - a tweak on the Samsung config to make it hang up properly fixed this.
>
> So far Asterisk has been a joy to configure (apart from the default config which IMO should be stripped back to bare-bones and the config shipped as examples in the doc folder - this may be the fault of my distribution who's packages I used rather than get in to the hassle of software maintenance).
>
> The problem I'm trying to solve at the moment is getting caller ID info passed over to the SIP phones when calls are placed. The caller ID is coming through as 'asterisk' which I assume is the default if nothing is present. So does anyone have any idea on how to get caller ID info passed over from the incoming calls on the FXO lines? Or even how to find out if the caller ID info is being sent by the Samsung?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Ronny

Assuming the Samsung is using the standard US method, a butt set across
the output of one of the lines in monitor mode should allow you to hear
the FSK tones between the first and second ring.
Or a cheap CallerID box should display as well.

Also assume you have the Asterisk end set to wait for the signal. there
should be a one ring delay in the response from Asterisk as it waits for
the FSK signal.

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot