[asterisk-users] Official Documentation for Asterisk 1.6 Realtime ODBC Tables

Brett Woollum brett at woollum.com
Fri Nov 12 05:07:02 CST 2010

Hi All,

I'm having an issue where Asterisk continuously sends out a GAZILLION "SIP NOTIFY" messages when a user has a voice message in their INBOX. This issue is only present when my SIP users and peers are configured from my ODBC backend (MySQL). A static configuration of users in sip.conf resolves this and everything works fine.

I'd like to confirm the layout of the sip_users table in my MySQL database to make sure it's what Asterisk is looking for. I cannot find any official documentation that specifies what the sip_users table should look like. Their documentation system does a great job of showing what the table should look like for the Voicemail ODBC storage, for example. But not for the Realtime sip_users table.

I'm currently using the table listed here: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime+Sip

Is there any official documentation on this?

Brett Woollum
Brett at Woollum.com