[asterisk-users] "scratchy" sound on TE410P

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Nov 11 19:23:24 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 18:28 -0600, Russ Meyerriecks wrote:

> >> Yea there seemed to be a bit of confusion here as well so I patched
> >> trunk with some more descriptive error counter labels :O)

> >> Framing Errors

> >> CRC Errors

> >> Code Violations

> >> E-Bit Counter

> >> Both of these were removed due to stale code

> >> General Errored Seconds
> >
> > Nice!  Perfect.
> >

> >> Was this output a snapshot of your current system. Do you really have
> >> zeroed counters everywhere, but 76 errored seconds? If so, I'll probably
> >> need to investigate.
> >>

> > Yes, this is a snapshot after about 24 hours since I cleared the counters.
> > I see what you mean - how can I have 76 seconds of errors but no bumped
> > error counters.  I ran again just now:
> >
> > root at vigw3:/etc/asterisk# dahdi_maint -s 1
> > Span 1:
> >> FEC : 0:
> >> CEC : 0:
> >> CVC : 0:
> >> EBC : 0:
> >> BEC : 0:
> >> PRBS: 0:
> >> GES : 248:
> >
> > Here's to hoping that the error in error is the GES, and that actually I
> > have no errors ;)
> >
> > Cheers,

> Could you paste a cat of /proc/dahdi/1 for me here?

	I seem to be having the same problem with a new server.  I am using a
TE220 with a VPM450 module.  Using Dahdi 2.4.0 and Asterisk 1.6.2.13 on
a Dell server.  All calls to the outside have bad voice quality (echo
and distortion).  Internal calls between extensions sound fine.

Dahdi_main for Span 2 (20 days uptime).

Span 2:
>FEC : 103:
>CEC : 0:
>CVC : 0:
>EBC : 0:
>BEC : 0:
>PRBS: 72:
>GES : 4054:

Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS
	Timing slips: 1566

	  32 TE2/0/2/1 Clear (In use) (EC: VPM450M)
	  33 TE2/0/2/2 Clear (In use) (EC: VPM450M)
	  34 TE2/0/2/3 Clear (In use)
	  35 TE2/0/2/4 Clear (In use)
	  36 TE2/0/2/5 Clear (In use)
	  37 TE2/0/2/6 Clear (In use)
	  38 TE2/0/2/7 Clear (In use)
	  39 TE2/0/2/8 Clear (In use)
	  40 TE2/0/2/9 Clear (In use)
	  41 TE2/0/2/10 Clear (In use)
	  42 TE2/0/2/11 Clear (In use)
	  43 TE2/0/2/12 Clear (In use)
	  44 TE2/0/2/13 Clear (In use)
	  45 TE2/0/2/14 Clear (In use)
	  46 TE2/0/2/15 Clear (In use)
	  47 TE2/0/2/16 HDLCFCS (In use)
	  48 TE2/0/2/17 Clear (In use)
	  49 TE2/0/2/18 Clear (In use)
	  50 TE2/0/2/19 Clear (In use)
	  51 TE2/0/2/20 Clear (In use)
	  52 TE2/0/2/21 Clear (In use)
	  53 TE2/0/2/22 Clear (In use)
	  54 TE2/0/2/23 Clear (In use)
	  55 TE2/0/2/24 Clear (In use)
	  56 TE2/0/2/25 Clear (In use)
	  57 TE2/0/2/26 Clear (In use)
	  58 TE2/0/2/27 Clear (In use)
	  59 TE2/0/2/28 Clear (In use)
	  60 TE2/0/2/29 Clear (In use)
	  61 TE2/0/2/30 Clear (In use)
	  62 TE2/0/2/31 Clear (In use)

	We are using span 2 at the moment because span 1 is reserved for
another E1 that will be connected soon.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001