[asterisk-users] "scratchy" sound on TE410P

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Thu Nov 11 17:44:44 CST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Russ Meyerriecks wrote:

>> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Daniel Tryba wrote:
>
>> I am curious about the tool "dahdi_maint"... what do the various
>> acronyms stand for?
> Yea there seemed to be a bit of confusion here as well so I patched
> trunk with some more descriptive error counter labels :O)
>
>>> FEC : 0:
> Framing Errors
>
>>> CEC : 0:
> CRC Errors
>
>>> CVC : 0:
> Code Violations
>
>>> EBC : 0:
> E-Bit Counter
>
>>> BEC : 0:
>>> PRBS: 0:
> Both of these were removed due to stale code
>
>>> GES : 76:
> General Errored Seconds

Nice!  Perfect.

> Was this output a snapshot of your current system. Do you really have
> zeroed counters everywhere, but 76 errored seconds? If so, I'll probably
> need to investigate.

Yes, this is a snapshot after about 24 hours since I cleared the counters.
I see what you mean - how can I have 76 seconds of errors but no bumped
error counters.  I ran again just now:

root at vigw3:/etc/asterisk# dahdi_maint -s 1
Span 1:
>FEC : 0:
>CEC : 0:
>CVC : 0:
>EBC : 0:
>BEC : 0:
>PRBS: 0:
>GES : 248:

Here's to hoping that the error in error is the GES, and that actually I
have no errors ;)

Cheers,