[asterisk-users] T38 re-invites issue

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Nov 11 16:36:38 CST 2010

On 11/11/2010 04:21 PM, Marek Soha wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have an issue with T.38 and re-invites.
>
> Topology:
> provider -> A (asterisk 1.6) -> B (asterisk 1.6) -> extension ->
> -> (software fax, gateway whatever).
>
> When between A and B trunk is canreinvite=no everything is working
> smooth. When I switch canreinvite to yes, it stop working.
>
> Do you have any idea where the issue can be?
> Any help will be much appreciated.

'canreinvite' has *nothing* to do with T.38 re-INVITEs. 'canreinvite'
controls whether Asterisk is allowed to setup a direct media path
between endpoints, or must keep the media flowing through itself.

If you don't need a direct media path, don't enable 'canreinvite' (which
in Asterisk 1.8 has been renamed to avoid this confusion). If you do
need a direct media path, you'll have a problem, because Asterisk cannot
currently setup UDPTL (T.38) direct media paths, only RTP direct media
paths.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com