[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 -- queue not recognizing that agent is busy

Todd Fulton todd.s.fulton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:09:46 CST 2010

Hi All,

I've got a realtime queue in place (strategy is "wrandom"), and have
added a member dynamically via "queue add member ".  My agent shows in
the queue, but when he gets the call is not recognized as "In Use".
Here is the output from "queue show" prior to the call:

*CLI> queue show
QUEUE_3 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'wrandom' strategy (0s
holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      Todd1 (SIP/14153436587 at jnctn) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken
no calls yet
   No Callers

Here is the output when actually connected to the inbound caller:

*CLI> queue show
QUEUE_3 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'wrandom' strategy (1s
holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      Todd1 (SIP/14153436587 at jnctn) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken
no calls yet
   No Callers

If I make a second inbound call while the agent is still connected to
the first, the second call is also routed to the agent.  Queue doesn't
appear know the agent is already busy.

My question:  doesn't the Queue application keep track of the agent's
interface status?

Todd