[asterisk-users] MFC/R2 detected as ISDN PRI

Martin Spinassi martins.listz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:42:18 CST 2010

Hi list,

I'm trying to setup an asterisk 1.8.0 with MFC/R2, but I'm having these
error messages loading chan_dahdi:

> module load chan_dahdi.so
ERROR[9241]: chan_dahdi.c:11848 mkintf: Signalling requested on channel
1 is MFC/R2 but line is in ISDN PRI signalling
ERROR[9241]: chan_dahdi.c:16180 build_channels: Unable to register
channel '1-15'

I got the config in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf with the correct
signalling:

signalling=mfcr2
mfcr2_variant=ar

Why asterisk detects it as ISDN PRI? Is there any way to force it to use
MFC/R2? Am I missing something?
Any tip or link to documentation is really appreciated.

Here goes some info about what I have:

# dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=OK
description=Wildcard TE121 Card 0
name=WCT1/0
manufacturer=Digium
devicetype=Wildcard TE121 (VPMADT032)
location=PCI Bus 37 Slot 09
basechan=1
totchans=31
irq=32
type=digital-E1
syncsrc=1
lbo=0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
coding_opts=AMI,HDB3
framing_opts=CCS,CRC4
coding=HDB3
framing=CCS

Asterisk version: 1.8.0
Dahdi version: dahdi-linux-complete-2.4.0+2.4.0
libpri version: libpri-1.4.11.4
openr2 version: openr2-1.2.0

My location: Argentina

Again, if you have any tip, I'll really thank you it. I've been
scratching my head with this for two long days..

Cheers,

Martín