[asterisk-users] Asterisk Voicemail Realtime and 'VirtualBoxing'

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Tue Nov 9 04:30:17 CST 2010

Hello

I'm about to set up a voicemail system for multiple wholesale customers.

So I use a realtime mysql config for the mailboxes.

All single mailboxes have their information about the number, emailaddress,
password in the database. This works fine.

Now the notification emails of course should be customized per wholesale
customer.

I added a 'mandate' table to the database and get this field by an AGI script
before calling VoiceMail to get the correct language and context name for
this particular mailbox. Let's call them company1 and company2

Then I do:

exten => s,n,AGI(getmandate.agi)
exten => s,n,Set(CHANNEL(language)=${MANDATELANG})
exten => s,n,VoiceMail(0${CALLERID(rdnis):2}@${MANDATE},u)

in voicemail.conf I have:

[company1]
serveremail=voicemail at company1.example.com
tz=european
emailsubject=[Customer 1 VM]: Neue Nachricht nummer ${VM_MSGNUM} von
${VM_CIDNUM} in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}.
emailbody=some more blabla

[company2]
serveremail=combox at company2.example.com
tz=european
emailsubject=[COMBOX]: New Message from ${VM_CIDNUM} in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}.
emailbody=some other blabla

Unfortunately the email settings per voicemail context are ignored, those from
the [general] section are being used.

As far as I found out, I could also put emailsubject and emailbody in the
database, but this would massively increase the size of the database and as
this is not information which will often change this does not need to be
realtime.

Is there a way to have the email settings per voicemail context together with
a realtime vm config?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Benoit Panizzon
--