[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 Multiple Parking Lots

Bogdan Sarandan bsarandan at computervoice.ro
Mon Nov 8 14:59:37 CST 2010

Hello,

Recently we have been using asterisk 1.6 and everything worked ok, all our productions server are 1.6. Recently we have upgraded one to 1.8 and multiple parking call are not working, which worked pretty ok on asterisk 1.6. Are there any major changes in asterisk 1.8 related to park call and multiple parking lots. Bellow is my config from asterisk 1.6 which worked, I`ve tried this in 1.8 and it’s not working.

features.conf

[parkinglot_A]
parkpos => 2011-2020
findslot => next
parkingtime => 60
context => parked

[parkinglot_B]
parkpos => 2021-2030
findslot => next
parkingtime => 60
context => parked

[general]
parkext => 2000
parkpos => 2001-2110
parkingtime => 60
adsipark = yes
findslot => next

sip.conf

[user_A]
parkinglot=parkinglot_A

[user_B]
parkinglot=parkinglot_B

extensions.conf

include => parked

exten => 2011,hint,park:2011 at parked
exten => 2011,1,Wait(1)
exten => 2011,2,Set(CHANNEL(parkinglot)=parkinglot_A
exten => 2011,3,ParkedCall(2011)

exten => 2012,hint,park:2012 at parked
exten => 2012,1,Wait(1)
exten => 2012,2,Set(CHANNEL(parkinglot)=parkinglot_A
exten => 2012,3,ParkedCall(2012)

exten => 2021,hint,park:2021 at parked
exten => 2021,1,Wait(1)
exten => 2021,2,Set(CHANNEL(parkinglot)=parkinglot_B
exten => 2021,3,ParkedCall(2021)

exten => 2022,hint,park:2022 at parked
exten => 2022,1,Wait(1)
exten => 2022,2,Set(CHANNEL(parkinglot)=parkinglot_B)
exten => 2022,3,ParkedCall(2022)

With this config I was able to also monitor every parking place and see on the phone of there is a call parked on that extension and pick that up from every phone in the office and every user when they press “Park Call” are parking the current call to their parking lot.

This config worked on asterisk 1.6 and we cannot make it to work on asterisk 1.8.

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks for the answers,
Bogdan Sarandan