[asterisk-users] Big practical systems

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Sun Nov 7 17:35:17 CST 2010

Yes. Adtran makes excellent gear. The MX 2800 is good for breaking a
channelized DS3 into PRIs.

====> Thanks, will look at that.  Ah, a DS3/T1 mux.  I was looking for a DS3
PC Card... it would have 672 "channels" but the system doesn't need to
handle but "<20%" of them at one time.

If you're just talking 150 calls, you could do that with two 4x port
cards in a single PC. I thought you were talking a lot bigger.

======>I mean DS3 with 672 channel paths. There are 672 subscribers "out
there".  I am saying that only a percentage of them are talking at peak
times.  We need to "supervise" 672 lines and expect 15% to talk at the same
time.

> Each line/call would have to have absolute caller ID.  In other words,
PSTN
> call handling.

Ummm, there's no such thing as absolute caller ID. You wanna try that
question again? callerID is not legally binding, is not used by
billing, anybody can spoof it.

=======>I mean we have to provide service and know what line is calling, not
just provide anonymous service to a lot of people.  We can't just mux a
bunch of lines in to the Asterisk box with no identification.

Cary