[asterisk-users] Why are the hackers scanning for these?

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Sun Nov 7 09:00:05 CST 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dan Journo
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:33 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Why are the hackers scanning for these?

> Here's some examples:

>2648061411
>3190339404

I'm getting exactly the same. Odds of getting a working number, are like the
odds of winning the lottery.

My guess is they are either trying to find a voip trunk, or they are trying
to make cold calls to the extensions on my system. Sales or something
similar.

We got pounded last weekend, but installed a list of distant IPs in IPTABLES
and see nothing this weekend.

We have no need to be contacted by any sites more than 2500 miles away, and
not too many from within 2500 miles. ;-)

Cary Fitch