[asterisk-users] Asterisk spontaneous reboot

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Sat Nov 6 14:45:26 CDT 2010

On 11/06/2010 07:18 PM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2010 11:22:06 Jonas Kellens wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just experienced a spontaneous reboot of Asterisk. This is my log file
>> /var/log/messages :
>>
>> Nov  6 16:37:37 vps2301 kernel: miniserv.pl invoked oom-killer:
>>
> First line.  Your miniserv.pl allocated more memory than is allocated to
> the system, so the dreaded OOM killer came into play and killed a selected
> process.  Have you considered enabling swap memory?

I have 512 MB real RAM and 1024 of swap.

bash-3.2# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       524288 kB
MemFree:         23760 kB
Buffers:         28564 kB
Cached:         348668 kB
SwapCached:       6536 kB
Active:         193972 kB
Inactive:       231216 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:       524288 kB
LowFree:         23760 kB
SwapTotal:     1048568 kB
SwapFree:       949456 kB
Dirty:             768 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:       46652 kB
Mapped:          16884 kB
Slab:            21000 kB
PageTables:       8084 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:   1310712 kB
Committed_AS:   321288 kB
VmallocTotal: 34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed:       784 kB
VmallocChunk: 34359737535 kB

miniserv.pl... I have webmin running yes and it was stopped after the
restart of Asterisk...

So the bad one in this story is WebMin that was eating up all the memory ?

Jonas.