[asterisk-users] Elementary question - accessing feature codes from cell phone

Jamie A. Stapleton jstapleton at computer-business.com
Fri Nov 5 13:50:23 CDT 2010

We use DISA (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+DISA) to access our entire [features] context from our cell phones.

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of John Regal
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 11:11 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Elementary question - accessing feature codes from cell phone

Hi, please forgive me for this (hopefully) simple question. I cannot seem to find an answer or solution while searching around.

I want to be able to call in to my server using my cell phone and be able to set call forwarding for my extension and enter a phone number and also be able to call in to that extension and disable the call forwarding. I see I can do this through the ARI web interface but wish to do this with my cell phone. Currently, it seems I can only get into my voicemail and attempting to run feature codes like *72 don't get recognized.

I currently have a DID assigned to my extension if this helps. I am not sure if it is required.

Thanks much.
jellydog