[asterisk-users] Short rings for extensions when part of the Queue

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 00:18:30 CDT 2010

Chad,

You are absolutely right on this one. I had setup the Queue time out for
agent set to 15 seconds and retry to 2 seconds. So, I think during those two
seconds Asterisk for some crazy reason hits another extension and then comes
back to the same extension to ring again. So, I have setup the agents to
ring for ever for this call center since their agents always have to present
or logout if not present. I will see the behavior tomorrow as they test it.

My issue might be solved but for those call centers where you want the Queue
to move onto the next agent or if you don't want to ring for ever and take a
Retry break then it will still remain an issue. I will report back if
setting to ring Unlimited doesn't work.

Warren,
The CLI shows the regular stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary but that it
move on to the next agent because the first agent has timed-out for two
seconds.

Regards,
Bruce