[asterisk-users] useless mpg123 processes hanging around

Jeremy Kister asterisk-01 at jeremykister.com
Thu Nov 4 16:50:25 CDT 2010

On 11/4/2010 5:30 PM, Warren Selby wrote:
> I've never really looked that closely at them, sorry.  Are they causing some
> kind of issue on your box, or are you just curious?

just curious; i didnt think it was the expected behavior and wanted to
fix it.

It actually appears that the child mpg123 does do something, and the
parent is in a continuous loop making sure the child is alive.

So for the archives, i suppose asterisk spawns these off once so that it
can be used as a single source for all channels, rather than spawning
off one mpg123 for each channel.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./