[asterisk-users] DAHDI vs mISDN was Re: Asterisk, VoIP and Samsung iDCS100

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Nov 3 10:27:50 CDT 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:

> Hi!
>
>>> Side note: Stay away from solutions that use mISDN, instead go with
>>> Zaptel (DAHDI), Woomera or CAPI.
>>
>> Interesting.
>>
>> I've been usng mISDN for some years now without issues. Why should I
>> migrate to DAHDI?
>
> None - if you are happy then don't touch it. :-) Otherwise search this
> list's archive.

Ah, that would be too easy ;-)

However I am in the process of upgrading an number of systems from
1.2+mISDN to 1.4 + ... So maybe I'll go and have a look at using DAHDI
since I think I've almost got the hand of it for analogue and PRI systems
now...

So I'll go and do some looking - but you reckon DAHDI and ISDN2e (UK: BRI)
is as stable/usable as mISDN might be?

Cheers,

Gordon