[asterisk-users] Issue with asterisk

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Nov 3 08:52:52 CDT 2010

Hi!

> It is causing an issue for me. One SIP UA works fine - ring, forward, etc.
> While the other does not.

Make the UAs listen on different ports (for example 5060 and 5062) and
see if that solves your problem - if you can't make them have different
IPs, that is.

Also be sure to fully understand what the insecure= settting in sip.conf
does, if you are not then do some reading on that. If you really want to
use insecure then you might want to consider to combine that with permit=
and deny= to improve on security.

> > You most likely have two SIP UAs that use the same IP, of which the 6839
> > account is listed last in sip.conf while 3169 is trying to auth
> > (unsuccessfully).

The settings that you sent to the list mention neither 6839 nor do they
mention 3169. Please state which of the SIP account those are using, on
which IP (and port) these phones are.

Philipp