[asterisk-users] Asterisk, VoIP and Samsung iDCS100

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Tue Nov 2 13:08:24 CDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 05:54:27PM +0000, Ronny Adsetts wrote:

>Would it be possible do you know to use the Samsung handsets with an Asterisk system? Is it worth even trying to save money here? (I've no idea of the cost of VoIP handsets for use with Asterisk).

I've never heard of Samsung handsets in the context of Asterisk, so I'm guessing they're Samsung-only. If I were in your shoes I'd go for open standards all the way. The cheapest Grandstream SIP phone will run you about 40 pounds retail and _will_ work with Asterisk - or with anything else that speaks SIP.

(And of course with an open platform you can give people softphones on their PCs if that's what they prefer - some laptop users do.)

Roger