[asterisk-users] Music On Hold Help

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Nov 1 15:39:43 CDT 2010

Un-top-posting...

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Matt Darnell wrote:

> Did you use this syntax to convert:
> sox foo-in.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -s -w foo-out.wav resample -ql

Close, I don't do the "resample" effect. Way back when I wrote my
"transcribe" script it didn't seem to add any goodness to my prompts.

Once I have the file in the correct format, I use "normalize"
(http://normalize.nongnu.org/) to adjust the volume.

Lately, I've been receiving more prompts with visible (as seem in
Audacity) DC offset so I'm looking for command line tools to correct
that as well as high pass and low pass filters. I think the newer
(than distributed with CentOS 5.x) version of sox will handle
everything I need.

Anybody care to volunteer their transcoding script?

--
Thanks in advance,