[asterisk-users] Extension notation in default ViciDial installation

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 06:18:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Jose P. Espinal <jpe at slackware-es.com>wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> A few days ago I installed ViciDial on a server, and while looking to
> the default 'extensions.conf' file, I saw this line:
>

> exten => _010*010*010*015*.,1,Dial(${TRUNKTESTast}/${EXTEN:16},55,oT)
>

> Can someone point me out to the Asterisk documentation part where
> explains how to use server IP's as extension number?
>
> I could not see it in the ATFOT2 book, and I would like to understand
> better that part.
>
> Note:
> Or might it be a fully dependent setting of ViciDial?
>
> In the installation documentation of VD says (just above the exten =>
> ... line mentioned previously):
>
> ; local server extens:
> ; BE SURE TO CHANGE THIS LINE FOR YOUR IP ADDRESS!
>

> Regards,
>

> --
> Jose P. Espinal
> http://www.eSlackware.com
> IRC: Khratos @ #asterisk / -doc / -bugs

This is a ViciDial feature and it depends on ViciDial being configured
properly. As of the current release version 2.2.1, the dialplan will
automatically configure for however many servers you have in your cluster,
including the dial-by-ip extensions you mention. An associated iax.conf
registration is also done from each server in your cluster to every other
server in your cluster, which allows this to work.

MATT---