[asterisk-users] SIP DNS SRV

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Mon Nov 1 04:58:13 CDT 2010

Those SRV records are wrong. You have to specify both servers with
different priorities against the same hostname. You have sip and sip2
defines with different SRV records so whichever one you configure on the
phone thats the only record it will seen.
You should use something like this and configure the phones to use
sip.domain.tld. :-

sip2.domain.tld.    A    YY.YY.YY.YY
sip1.domain.tld.    A    XX.XX.XX.XX

_SIP._udp.sip.domain.tld  SRV 0 1 5060 sip1.domain.tld.
_SIP._udp.sip.domain.tld  SRV 1 1 5060 sip2.domain.tld.