[asterisk-users] Wierd behavior of illegal extension

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Sun May 30 13:01:30 CDT 2010

> You really shouldn't be calling a Gosub routine from Macro.  We've
> already had to deal with some really odd interactions between the
> two.  If you're going to make the jump to Gosub, go completely over
> and only use Gosub.  Don't use Macro in conjunction with Gosub.

I find each most useful for different things.  Macros work best when there
are a lot of return points and/or conditional returns since MacroExit
is optional and I can exit by just doing a Goto to a nonexistant priority.

Gosub is better when I don't want to have an 's' extension (due to wanting
to be able to go to invalid extensions).

If I can't mix them, I understand, but it'll make things more complex.