[asterisk-users] Jack in /usr/local/ means failure for asterisk

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri May 28 12:19:05 CDT 2010

Hello Motiejus!
   Sorry I'm a bit late with this, but I was quite busy. But here's the
procedure with the latest JACK svn:
svn co http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/trunk/jack
cd jack
./autogen.sh
[edit ./configure]
Search for;
   "not_overwriting=$(expr $not_overwriting + "
   [exclude the "" in the search term, just to show the string with all spaces]
Change this line to read "+ 0)" at the end, instead of "+ 1)".
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-optimization-by-cpu --enable-mmx \
   --enable-sse --enable-optimize --enable-resize --enable-timestamps \
   --with-default-tmpdir=/tmp
NOTE: CAUTION! If you've got a JACK installed in /usr/local, then you better
remove it, since usually /usr/local/bin appears earlier in the path than
/usr/bin. Thus your new installation won't be used! And for all I know, it
might break something.
   You will of course be overwriting an existing JACK from your distro. If you
can live with that, just go ahead.
   Alternatively you can modify a couple of lines below, where the no_overwrite
variable is tested. I leave that to your imagination. If you've still got
problems, please let me know.
   Jackifiedly yours
            Julien

--------