[asterisk-users] [Dahdi/system.conf] "fxsks = 1" deprecated?

Vincent codecomplete at free.fr
Fri May 28 10:57:23 CDT 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:34 -0500, Carlos Chavez
<cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
>	Do you have a telephony card installed in that computer?  Basically the
>error you get is because DAHDI cannot find any hardware that uses that
>signalling.  When you comment it out it loads dahdi_dummy for timing.
>The wctdm module is for cards like the TDM400P from Digium or A400P from
>Openvox, if you do not have any of those cards in your computer then you
>need to load the proper module to activate the fxo port.

Thanks for the tip. It's working now... except Dahdi was installed as
asterisk.asterisk, while I need to install it as another user.

Neither  the linux/Makefile nor the README explain how to install
Dahdi as another user. Does someone know?

# ll /dev/dahdi/
total 0
crw-rw----. 1 asterisk asterisk 196,   1 May 28 17:02 1
crw-rw----. 1 asterisk asterisk 196,   2 May 28 17:02 2