[asterisk-users] [Dahdi/system.conf] "fxsks = 1" deprecated?

Vincent codecomplete at free.fr
Fri May 28 03:43:12 CDT 2010

Hello

I was editing files manually, and noticed that if I include the
familiar "fxsks=1" in /etc/dahdi/system.conf, Dahdi fails loading:

=====================
# cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf
loadzone        = fr
defaultzone     = fr
fxsks=1
=====================
# /etc/init.d/dahdi start
  wctdm:  [  OK  ]

/usr/share/dahdi/waitfor_xpds: Missing astribank_is_starting
No hardware timing source found in /proc/dahdi, loading dahdi_dummy
Running dahdi_cfg:  DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such
device or address (6)
[FAILED]
=====================

Uncommenting that line solves the issue:
# /etc/init.d/dahdi start
  wctdm:  [  OK  ]

/usr/share/dahdi/waitfor_xpds: Missing astribank_is_starting
No hardware timing source found in /proc/dahdi, loading dahdi_dummy
Running dahdi_cfg:  [  OK  ]

Does it mean it's no longer necessary to tell Dahdi which signaling to
use for an FXO port?

Thank you.