[asterisk-users] Jack in /usr/local/ means failure for asterisk

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Thu May 27 02:40:06 CDT 2010

Hi Motiejus!
   I'll look for JACK's configure script and send it off-list, unless someone
else here wants it?
   Now about my programs. Scenario: Start Asterisk. Then directly use CLI to
dial. And if possible use asterisk only to pick up calls.
   problem: I didn't find an easy way to let the phone "ring" with asterisk
only. I either could directly answer or put the incoming call elsewhere. So I
wrote a simple application to be used via system() in a diaplan. It listens on
a simple UDP - telnet - port for a connection. When that connection comes, the
phone will be answered. A status will be returned, that you can query in the
dialplan. If you don't connect, the program will stop after a while and return
a different status, so the call will be sent to voice mail. In a parallel
thread the program executes an audioplayer with a configureable audiofile, to
let it reall "ring". It would be stupid if you couldn't hear anything ringing.
Even better; Because the audiofile is a parameter, you don't even have to look
at a caller display - if someone froma preconfigured group calls -, because
you can set a specific ringtone for them.
   The other mini-script I wrote, contains a simple telnet line. But because
that is too long to type, when answering, the script is simply called "dk".
:-)
   Quite special this application, I grant you that, but handy if you like
asterisk on its own. That way, if asterisk works with jack, I can have a fully
fledged pbx with a commandline interface. :-)
   Now off to JACK and its configure script...
   Best wishes
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net