[asterisk-users] Jack in /usr/local/ means failure for asterisk

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed May 26 15:19:14 CDT 2010

Hi Motiejus!
   I of course menat prehacking the installation script. I can unpack my
jack-tarball or get a new svn and see, what I did. It was some time ago. And I
usually don't have to hack the installation prefix.
   Information: I'm running my asterisk and JACK on a simple desktop system (no
GUI though! :-) ). It's more like a toy or convenience. I can implement an
answering machine with it, that I can use very well - I'm blind. Also I'd like
to emply asterisk to make googletalk calls. I just use the asterisk CLI for my
calls or a simple bash script, that eases the usage a bit, when calling (these
commands can be rather long. :-) but I haven't used asterisk for quite a while
(tested it half a year ago and wasn't happy). But I like to rebuild it,
because it was so useful and nice to talk with people all over the planet. :-)
   I suppose you wouldn't be interested in a simple c program, that can be used
from within a dialplan to let it ring and another hack to pick up the phone,
without having a softphone?
   Kindly yours
           Julien

--------