[asterisk-users] routing of calls

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed May 26 11:34:48 CDT 2010

I dont know, maybe I am missing it.  I see nothing off the top of my head that shows you attempting to dial out 2 different providers or fail between them.  Both times you have posted code I see a dial command set to go to a single Zap Group, and no failure code or Prefix that determines how or when to dial the other Zap Group instead.  I think your getting lost in your code, or are missing things you should be providing to the mail list so we can figure out the problem for you.

WHAT is your determining factor for dialing Group1 or Group2?  Does Group 1 dial with a 8 prefix and Group 2 dial with a 9 prefix?  Are you attempting to failover from Group 1 to Group 2 when you get a "cancel" dialstatus.  Also your dialstatus getting set to cancel should be your user deciding to hangup the call.  I dial between asterisk servers all the time, and have used some as proxy's to resolve weird provider issues, I haven't seen a cancel just randomly showup in place of a valid DIALSTATUS when doing so, without the "agent/user" canceling the call.  However I obviously have not tested this against every version like between 1.2->1.6 (I have however done 1.2->1.4 and 1.4->1.6.).

--
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, CLA, Network+, MCP, CNA