[asterisk-users] Help with IP Routing

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:17:19 CDT 2010

Assume previous IP is LAN. Forwarding public IP ports to LAN is
straighforward. However, with SIP headers you will (don't know H323)
have to modify outgoing SIP headers: replace LAN ip with WAN ip.
For callers you have to substitute RTP destination IP
For callees you have to substitute RTP source IP.

I`m afraid you will have to check more details here:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt
Maybe client sends server it's own IP address?

However, dumb header substitution + port range forwarding should work
in all cases for SIP.