[asterisk-users] [0017330] 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 + MySQL crases on ODBC Query (via func_odbc or sip realtime)

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:13:00 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Marcin J. Kowalczyk
<marcin.kowalczyk at ccig.pl> wrote:
> Medium load system (~300 simultaneous calls) crases few times a day.
> 1.6.1.19 but then upgraded to 1.6.2.7 but it's not solving issue.
>
> Any idea what can be wrong/tunned?

I've three times had unexplained crashes of asterisk 1.6.2.6, and they
seemed to be load related.

I'm doing heavy Perl AGI.

I've had other things in my todo list so I haven't circled back to investigate.

I know there's a way to rebuild asterisk in a way that the coredumps
are actually useful.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+debugging
if the make valgrind thing is invalid advice to build a useful
debuggable version of core dumps, please somebody point to the correct
directions.

I have not rebuilt, again because I haven't found proper time to devote to this.

I have a previous iteration of my systems where I ran with about
double the number of calls with 1.6.0.5 with no crashes, and if I
continue to have a tight schedule I'll back up to that version.