[asterisk-users] Dahdi problems with kernel 2.6.32

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun May 23 03:54:38 CDT 2010

Hi.  I am having problems with dahdi using kernel 2.6.32.  I am using
2.6.30 kernel and it works fine -- here is the output of dahdi_cfg -vv
++ dahdi_cfg -vv
DAHDI Tools Version - SVN-trunk-r8670

DAHDI Version: SVN-trunk-r7445M
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels to configure.

Changing signalling on channel 1 from Unused to FXO Kewlstart
Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2
Changing signalling on channel 4 from Unused to FXS Kewlstart
Setting echocan for channel 4 to mg2

However, if I am using kernel 2.6.32 I get the following -- the configs
have not changed:

++ dahdi_cfg -vv
DAHDI Tools Version - SVN-trunk-r7409
DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

DAHDI Version: SVN-trunk-r8653M
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels to configure.

I had to update dahdi-trunk because  the old version would not compile
under 2.6.32, and update of dahdi-tools-trunk make no difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici