[asterisk-users] Using unix socket to connect with database

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat May 22 09:50:01 CDT 2010

On 05/22/2010 09:22 AM, Deepesh D wrote:
> I am using Asterisk 1.6.2.7
>
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
>> On 05/22/2010 02:07 AM, Deepesh D wrote:
>>
>>> I tried removing the dbhost and dbport entries and restarting asterisk.
>>>
>>> During startup the following warnings are shown and it gets stuck up
>>> at this point for a few seconds.
>>> WARNING[1819]: res_config_pgsql.c:1367 parse_config: PostgreSQL
>>> RealTime: No database host found, using localhost via socket.
>>> WARNING[1819]: res_config_pgsql.c:1383 parse_config: PostgreSQL
>>> RealTime: No database port found, using 5432 as default.
>>>
>>> But there is no connection being made to the database.
>>
>> What version of Asterisk are you using?

Well... after looking over the code, it seems that the support for
connecting directly via a socket is incomplete and/or broken. I would
suggest opening an issue on issues.asterisk.org to report that this does
not work. Please include a console log with 'core set debug 10' and
ensure that your console log channel includes the 'debug' level.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com