[asterisk-users] Which issue is keeping you from updrading to 1.6.2 ?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat May 22 09:31:24 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 19:09 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> Greg Woods wrote:
> > I am still running 1.4 because of this bug:
> >
> > https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15129
> >
> > I haven't tried any 1.6 versions recently; looks like some patches have
> > been checked in since I last tried it, although the bug is not closed.
> > So I may have to try it again when I get some time.
>
> Is that a typo? That bug has been closed since September 20, 2009.

Not a typo, just a misreading of the bug report on my part. It has been
closed, and I haven't tried the 1.6 branch since then. I may have to try
it again when I get some time. As has been pointed out in this thread,
the time is required to convert my dialplan. I'm just a small home
operation so it isn't that important to me to be running the latest and
greatest as long as what I have works, and my wife is in the middle of a
political campaign so this is a bad time to have the phones be
unreliable. It was already a big time sink to convert from zaptel to
dahdi and get everything working, so I expect a significant period of
disruption in order to upgrade to 1.6.? When it becomes hard to find 1.4
packages for up-to-date OS's is when I will be motivated to upgrade (and
after the election in November when the campaign season is over).

--Greg