[asterisk-users] Which issue is keeping you from updrading to 1.6.2 ?

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Fri May 21 20:43:36 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm evaluating what could keep me from upgrading production systems to
> 1.6.2.
> As 1.6.2 seems pretty close to 1.6.1 but I gave 1.6.2 a try but I met an
> issue with BLF-pickup which kept me from going further.
>
> Have you met other issues I should include include in my checklist ?
>
> Regards
>
> --

I have been using 1.6.1.18 after having transfer issues with early
1.6.2 releases and phones becoming unreachable from the below bug.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16936

Luckily the fix for this bug is in 1.6.2.8-rc1. I'll probably just
stay on 1.6.1.18 until 1.8 comes out as it has been the best of the
1.6.x series. The first 1.6.1 releases had major issues with DTMF
detection. Then there was the TCP SIP issues with Exchange UM. I've
found 1.6.1.18 to work all around with only a minor DTMF issue with
Exchange UM that I was able to patch.

Ryan