[asterisk-users] file command with alaw file

crjw crjw at irisnet.ca
Thu May 20 23:38:37 CDT 2010

This may be totally irrelevant and it may send you down the wrong track, but I thought I would mention it:
There is a bug which can prevent recent versions of asterisk from creating proper headers in WAV files.
The bug shows up on Solaris systems but Linux is theoretically not immune to it.
If you are creating raw ulaw or alaw files you should probably not expect any headers when things are working normally.
But if you are creating wav files (which can contain alaw or ulaw data) and you find a bunch of null characters (0x0) in the header, then you may have hit the bug.
See: https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16610