[asterisk-users] OT - Which SIP hardphone with 100 BLF ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 20 09:05:08 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 09:24:18AM -0400, SIP wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> >> Yes and no : operator already has a Flash Operator Panel on its screen.
> >> Information displayed by FOP is richer (you can see who is talking to who)
> >> but operator feels easier with dedicated buttons for both displaying
> >> activity and issuing transfers.
> >>
> >> I think 100 is the upper limit for both kinds of tools where at a glance,
> >> you can see all extensions : I think above a certain user count (120 ?),
> >> operator would prefer to specifically query its console to get current
> >> specific extensions phone activity.
> >>

> > Just a thought: I have on my desktop a hardware device with some 100 or
> > more buttons. No leds in them, sadly[1]. Remapping their labels is normally
> > done using specialized hardware (sticky labels and the sort).
> >
> > Naturally there's the alternative of a touch screen.
> >
> > [1] A quick search found products such as
> > http://blog.logitech.com/2009/10/15/new-logitech-gaming-keyboard-g110/
> >

> Even IF you could get a keyboard with lights you could individually turn
> on and off (never seen one), good luck getting a receptionist to use
> it.  I can picture it now... you hand your receptionist a lighted
> keyboard and say 'make do,' and your receptionist brains you with said
> keyboard when your back is next turned.

Even IF you could get a phone with 100 buttons and such, good luck
getting a receptionist to use it.  I can picture it now... you hand
your receptionist a phone with that lighted keyboard and say 'make
do,' and your receptionist brains you with said keyboard when your
back is next turned.

> There's a big difference between a workable situation and a complete and
> utter kludge.

The other difference is that it may force you to use an inferior (or way
more expensive. Or both) phone for the receptionist.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com