[asterisk-users] OT - Which SIP hardphone with 100 BLF ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 20 08:12:03 CDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 07:46:26AM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> 2010/5/18 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>
>
> >  Dumb question – wouldn’t it be easier to monitor a web interface than a
> > phone with 100 lights?
> >
> Yes and no : operator already has a Flash Operator Panel on its screen.
> Information displayed by FOP is richer (you can see who is talking to who)
> but operator feels easier with dedicated buttons for both displaying
> activity and issuing transfers.
>
> I think 100 is the upper limit for both kinds of tools where at a glance,
> you can see all extensions : I think above a certain user count (120 ?),
> operator would prefer to specifically query its console to get current
> specific extensions phone activity.

Just a thought: I have on my desktop a hardware device with some 100 or
more buttons. No leds in them, sadly[1]. Remapping their labels is normally
done using specialized hardware (sticky labels and the sort).

Naturally there's the alternative of a touch screen.

[1] A quick search found products such as
http://blog.logitech.com/2009/10/15/new-logitech-gaming-keyboard-g110/

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com