[asterisk-users] Asterisk Cluster

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:23:17 CDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Adolphe Cher-Aime <acheraime at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello  Everyone,
>                         I  must deploy an asterisk system that can support
> at least 500 pstn outbound calls.
> It's a challenge as  it's the first time i'm gonna build such a large
> system.
> I want to have your advice on hardware, software and so on . What i have in
> my plan is a cluster of servers with quad PRI cards.
> I will appreciate your advice.

I don't know what you've done for your smaller deployments. Different
people have different opinions.

My personal preference, if this is United States:

DS3 -> Adtran channel bank, break out PRIs
PRIs -> multiple Cisco PRI->SIP appliances. A 3845 maxed out can do 24
PRIs. I recommend using two and splitting load for capacity /
failover.
Using pure SIP between the gateway appliances and at least two
asterisk boxes for flexibility and failover-ability.