[asterisk-users] Cause and cure for "Exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to Local"?

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Wed May 19 15:00:28 CDT 2010

Hello,

We're seeing lots of warnings like the following, running Asterisk
1.6.1.12. Does anyone know the cause or cure?

One explanation I've come across is that the peer is congested and
sending RTCP messages asking us to slow the RTP down. Is there any way
we can verify this?

[May 17 13:42:45] WARNING[27482] channel.c: Exceptionally long voice
queue length queuing to Local/12126412121 at asterisk-phone-7e3d;1

Thanks in advance!

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics
http://voisonics.com/