[asterisk-users] OT - Which SIP hardphone with 100 BLF ?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 19 12:20:04 CDT 2010

Hi!

> If Snom user could also testify, that would be very interesting to
> know.

While you can do it, I would not recommend to have two sidecars with a
snom 370. Especially the boot-up can become very slow if there are lot of
SUBSCRIBEs to be issued, even if you tweak some of the subscription
settings of the phone. Looks like the device's CPU cannot handle that
many subscriptions too well (and I strongly suspect most other vendors
have the same issue).

About the snom 8xx phones: No experience there, they have a stronger CPU
and the corresponding sidecar product "snom Vision" is very new (it has
fewer buttons).

Maybe all this will change when Asterisk supports list subscription in
some distant future. But until then you will have to do with fewer
buttons - or use software.

Philipp