[asterisk-users] Re-invite from Asterisk Server: Port number changes

Vinod Parameswaran vinodp at infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Wed May 19 03:37:54 CDT 2010

Hello list,

I am trying to test a scenario wherein two clients configured on two diffrent boxes try to communicate with each other by means of Asterisk. The softphone on both the boxes is zoiper. One of the boxes is Unix, and has the server running on it. The other is Windows.

When I make a call between clients (Unix -> Windows), the signaling works fine, but I cannot listen to audio on the Windows box. The audio device on the Windows box has been tested to be working fine.

Upon analyzing the wireshark SIP logs, I can see that Asterisk sends a re-invite in which the RTP port number in SDP is different from that configured on zoiper.

I suspect that this is probably the reason for the audio non-availability on the Windows box. I have enabled allowdirectmedia as part of my SIP settings.

I have posted the logs at clipnet:

http://cl1p.net/sip.conf (SIP.conf used for this test)
http://cl1p.net/Call_logs_Unix_lo (Wireshark logs captured on the local interface on the Unix box)
http://cl1p.net/Call_logs_Unix_eth0 (Wireshark logs captured on the eth0 interface on the Unix box)