[asterisk-users] ControlPlayback skip forward fails on mp3 file

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Mon May 17 08:01:10 CDT 2010

Using Asterisk 1.4.31 and addons 1.4.11, ControlPlayback get confused
when skipping forwards on an mp3 file (it seems to work fine on wav's).

I'm calling it from an AGI like so:

$agi->exec('ControlPlayback',$filename . "|4000|#|*|8|0|7");

The first four times I press the '#' key it does indeed skip forwards;
but the fifth and subsequent times pressing '#' makes it skip
*backwards*.

If I restart from the beginning (by pressing '7') it again skips
forwards four times then starts going backwards.

The MP3's are created by:

/usr/local/bin/lame --quiet -h -b16 --noshort --preset phone recording.wav recording.mp3

Any Ideas or should I report it as a bug.

--
 Regards,
     Russell