[asterisk-users] Re-compiling q931.c

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 16 09:12:26 CDT 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 09:18:13AM -0400, bruce bruce wrote:
> Thanks for the input.
>
> I need a bit more clarification.
>
> I just changed the condition for an "if" in the q931.c from Equal to Not
> Equal. In order to get that reflected do I have to do "gcc q931.c" to
> recompile it so Asterisk can read it? or does asterisk read the .c file?

Asterisk reads the compiled code generated from that.

Normally projects use build instructions in the form of a 'Makefile' or
something similar. Which means you only need to run 'make' in the
directory of the code

(Actually most projects have some sort of configuration script, and you
need to run './configure' once. But this is not the case with libpri)

So,

1. Edit q931.c
2. Run 'make'

Then use the trick with LD_LIBRARY_PATH (again, it may not work for
every library out there, but libpri has a very simple structure and thus
it works)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com