[asterisk-users] Re-compiling q931.c

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat May 15 15:56:12 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 04:32:19PM -0400, bruce bruce wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Can q931.c be re-compiled using gcc or something else without the need to
> re-do the whole libpri? Some changes were made to q931.c and I want those to
> be reflected in .a .o .so .lo files as I think those are the files read by
> Asterisk vs the .c file.

Given that libpri is such a small library, I wouldn't bother. If the
change did not break the binary ABI (e.g.: changed the size of a struct
that is exposed through some interface, added/removed variables to some
function) there should be no issue here.

If you want to test things, try just building libpri (and not installing
it) and start asterisk with:

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/libpri/source asterisk

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com