[asterisk-users] "bad magic number" log messages

John Rose john at westfax.com
Fri May 14 10:12:03 CDT 2010

The way I reproduce it is not simple. I am receiving calls on 1.6.0.27
and doing FastAGI scripting. Then it happens after a few hours of steady
calls. I'm looking for a simpler way to reproduce it.

Looks like issue 0017321 describes the bug in one way. This is a serious
bug, I am checking to see if it is in 1.6.2.7 since 1.6.0.x is just for
security fixes now apparently.

I have found that 1.6.2 is more unstable for some reason than 1.6.0 at
~>180 calls on my system.  Not sure why...  So I'm trying to stick to
1.6.0.

John