[asterisk-users] Are there AMI commands to manipulate a voice mailbox?

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta at gmail.com
Fri May 14 00:51:48 CDT 2010

Talking about file permissions, on Linux everything is possible using
POSIX ACLs. You can set specific rights to files/directories for
certain users.
Note 1: if setting "group" permissions is enough, use that.
Note 2: Asterisk and web server should be on separate machines (at
least virtual machines) for many reasons... I would mount my voicemail
over NFS... which itself has enough access control.
Note 3: if you decide to experiment with ACLs (IMHO, most flexible) -
do not forget to remout your file system:
mount -o remount,acl /usr

Hope it helps